Monday 9 November 2009

Why?

Well it is only 9 days into the new month and I am getting on well with my goals this month. I have already finished The Mighty Book of Boosh, which I have had a year and it was well worth the wait. It feels very wrong to say that I am not too clued up on The Mighty Boosh, but after reading the book I think I will be adding some of the DVD's to my Christmas list. I found the book to be very inspiring and just as funny as the few episodes that I have manage to catch!

Also last week, I went on a training day for my new job which was very exciting and now I can't wait to get started. I went to see Muse with a friend from university on my birthday and they were just INCREDIBLE. I never used to like Muse. I am so glad that I gave them a listen because I would have missed out on one of the best concerts I have EVER seen! I got to see my best friends for a meal to finish off an amazing birthday week.

Another target was to complete one piece of typography a week and last week, this is what I did; completed a piece that is very similar to my final major project work that has been in progress for a few weeks now. So, here's the final piece...



I am pretty happy with it but I know once I get back into the swing of things I know the quality will be increased.
This week I am going to be working on a letter which has his own little character that I started when I was sat on a train back in June.

Also on the cards this week is a trip to York or Leeds to visit the art galleries there and also some Alice in Wonderland drawings. This time, instead of taking the poems and working on them typographically, I am going to draw the characters in my own way. I am looking forward to the challenge!



I best get a move on!!
T'ra X

No comments:

Post a Comment