Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Lake District and some pretty ribbon.

A few weeks ago I went to the Lake District. It was really strange as it was the first holiday without my younger sister. But never mind, she's sunning herself in New Jersey so we're even :)

We stayed in a tiny and beautiful village called Grasmere. We had a lovely week and I left feeling so inspired and full of ideas! It's no wonder that Beatrix Potter, William Wordsworth and Alfred Wainwright fell in love with the Lakes.

Here be a few of my favourite places...

 Bassenthwaite Lake.


Easedale Tarn

Boat Sheds on Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

A waterfall at Elterwater.

My parents took me to a lovely garden centre full of lots of quirky things. My favourite was a bright red tea pot with white polka dots. Sadly I don't drink tea, so I couldn't justify buying it! I did however buy a couple of rolls of ribbon.





Enjoy! :) 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment