Saturday 2 July 2011

Gazelle Twin Interview.

Just over a week ago there was an illustration call out on Twitter from Amelia Gregory of Amelia's Magazine for a music illustration. It was for an illustration of a fantastic new band, Gazelle Twin.

As with any brief I am given, I did as much reading on Gazelle Twin as I could. Reading about Elizabeth Walling and her inspirations were fascinating, especially when you then look up things like the cover to the original of The Fog, Renaissance composer Carlo Gesualdo and Fever Ray. From these you can start to see where Elizabeth gets her inspiration for her haunting music and incredible costumes.

I Am Shell I Am Bone is beautiful and haunting and I cannot wait for the release of Gazelle Twin's album 'The Entire City'. It is the kind of music I can get lost in while illustrating.

So this is my illustration that accompanied the interview along with other great illustrators work.









Check out the interview with Gazelle Twin for Amelia's Magazine RIGHT HERE ...


Until next time!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment